Wednesday 27 February 2013

Mes Amis

One of the things I miss the most about home are my good friends. But it's simply amazing how many ways there are to connect with people from across the world. Technology, thank you for being so awesome. That is all.

As ridiculous as this may sound, remember that Sex and the City episode in the last season when Carrie is in Paris? She peeks into the cafe, sees the group of friends, and misses her ladies. That episode didn't truly hit home for me until recently.

So in an effort to get myself out there to meet some local peeps, I'm checking out meetup.com which looks interesting, and I've heard some great stuff about it from multiple people. Thank you once again to Drea for telling me about it! There's a trivia night for film people coming up next week which hopefully will be nice and rowdy. Richard and I are heading to our first brunch on Saturday to check it out.  It's on Lygon Street(favorite street in Melbourne thus far), which of course will only make it awesome;)

I've started speaking French again with a girl from Paris who is here in Melbourne to practice her English. She's helping me with my rusty French, and I'm helping her with English. I took French for probably about 7 years total, and its been 10 years since I've been in a French class. I'm surprised by how fast it comes back! I'll admit, its really been fun being thrown back into speaking the language. I would never admit that to my high school teachers though...


No comments:

Post a Comment