Monday 4 February 2013

Movie Theatre Adventure #2

The Arclight in LA - $15 per ticket for movie experience perfection. Movies in Melbourne - $17 + up for a somewhat mixed bag. Going to a movie here is such a trippy experience because the theaters are so old school! The architecture is an odd space agey/70s mish mosh.

I saw Zero Dark Thirty yesterday at the Greater Union Melbourne City Cinemas. The theatre had about 3 other people at the 11:15am showing (I always want to go to movies during work days so I figure while I'm unemployed I'm going to take full advantage of this). The theatre was split into 2 sections (think Cineramadome) by a huge wall in the middle. There wasn't really a difference in height walking up to the back section so it left me a bit confused. The seats were wicked tiny, and it was sadly not comfortable to put feet up on the back of the seat in front of where I was sitting. I'm always cold in movie theaters, and this theatre felt like home in this respect. The projection and sound were decent, but the screen was not big enough for the size of the theatre space. 


Man LA spoils movie lovers. I did find out an interesting tid bit from the woman at the box office…movies on Tuesdays are only $10! To quote Quickle, WOOOOO!!! And yes Quickle, I just WOOOO'D!

No comments:

Post a Comment