Sunday 15 September 2013

Seahorses

Alright, its been a long time since I've written a post. My time has been mainly occupied by the stress of job searching. I've been trying to stay grounded and busy by doing things that I never have time to do when I'm working full time, such as writing, sketching, reading film books and for pleasure, working out hard core, baking, organizing crap that you never would normally have time to do.

As you all know I'm an animal lover and over the years have had cats, dogs, a horse, ferrets, and birds. I have always loved marine life, and one of the things that got me so excited about moving to Australia was being in the same country as the Great Barrier Reef. It apparently costs a crazy amount of $ to get to and has lots of poisonous stuff that could make your trip not as pleasant as you would like, but it's still #1 on the list!

With having ample time on my hands, I've decided to start a salt water tank. It took me a bit to decide on whether or not I wanted to go with fish (yes I was planning on doing a Finding Nemo theme) or seahorses. Seahorses have been a favorite of mine for years; I think they're absolutely fascinating and adorable.

SOOO, yesterday I got sand, live rock, a nano stream, a filter, and 130 liters (35 gallons) of sea water thus starting the seahorse adventure! It's going to take several weeks until the tank environment is ready, but until then I have the live rock to keep me entertained with its mystery inhabitants.



No comments:

Post a Comment