Sunday 4 August 2013

Horses & Wine

Last week a friend and I went down to the Mornington Peninsula for a horseback winery tour. Such a fabulous combination, although my ability to stay on the horse was definitely put to the test after the second tasting...

I used to horseback ride competitively way back in the day, owned a horse, and did eventing. My horse sadly had to be put down when I was in 9th grade, and it stopped me riding for a long time. I haven't been back in the saddle for probably about 7 years. It's amazing how quickly everything comes back to you, riding was second nature to me for such a long time. I miss it a lot and wish it was a more accessible sport living in a city.

One of my best friend's last week said that moving to Australia is a chance for me reinvent myself. I've loved having the time to do things that I haven't done in years and re-visit things that at one time were really important to me. Regardless of how stressful the job hunt can get, I think it's really important to stay grounded and go on crazy Aussie adventures to let off steam. Next adventure...the Dandenongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment