Wednesday 11 March 2015

Oops I did it again...

Writing consistently is so damn hard. I'm of course making excuses, I just need to suck it up and do it more, especially because it makes me so happy & is wonderfully therapeutic. 8 months and no writing is no bueno... I love having a mini glimpse into what the move here has been like and I'm frustrated that there's been such a long gap. I've felt a lot of the time that I've had nothing to say/write. It's always such a hard balance of not wanting to write too personally on here/work is mostly confidential.

I've been working at Animal Logic for 8 months. It's crazy that I've almost been here as long as I was on GOE. It's also strange to think that our first office on the lot for Gods was across from Animal; things have come full circle. Will also always giggle that I couldn't find my way into the building for my first interview...my future boss had to direct me.

Not much has really changed. Richard and I still alternate commuting between Melbourne & Sydney. We've become quite the masters at finding flights sales/price matching. I'm still in Paddo even though I scoured the area for another place with better ventilation and a better laundry situation. This area is so crazy expensive that I eventually had to give up. Gumtree has been fabulous in helping me pimp out the place (my compromise to myself to stay put).

Major highlights over the past half year:
-New Zealand - fell in love with the country! Such a wonderfully romantic & rejuvenating trip.
-Richard's family visit - so great having family in town and spending more time with Richard's local fam.
-My family visit - Mom & Dad came out for Xmas which was so surreal. We ended up eating our way through SYD & Melbs. Xmas really doesn't feel like Xmas without snow...
-The Patriots winning the Superbowl...WOOOOOO!
-30 Days Clean - due to eating my way through the holidays, ended up doing 30 days clean with my gym which was very successful. I'm still continuing on with it and am attempting to kick some ass. I never thought that I could go more than a few days without chocolate. It was interesting that it was the easiest thing to give up. The worst part was the lack of coffee & wine...I was a fuzzy headed mess the first week. Overall it was a really interesting feeling of accomplishment & empowerment.

I miss friends scattered across many different times zones, but I've been so lucky to meet some wonderful new peeps @ Animal.

The coffee here still is delicious & post 30 Days Clean I've still been trying to figure out the perfect balance between being a coffee lover and needing to be quite disciplined.

On that note my Facetime is going off, and it's time to close out another adventure filled day.




No comments:

Post a Comment